An exciting intern opportunity with the production team at a fast-growing online media brand for the smartphone generation.
Originally launched in 2014 as an internet radio station, FUBAR is now much more than a radio service. We’re an online media brand that engages free-thinking young adults with comedy, music and entertainment content that’s not available anywhere else. FUBAR’s combined monthly average reach is 1.5 million from live radio streams, podcasts and increasingly social media video content.
FUBAR is a creative haven for successful and upcoming social media stars, comedians and music artists to freely create outrageous, edgy and relevant content. Regular personalities include Harley from Rizzle Kicks, social media stars Jaack Maate and Cian Twomey and comedian rapper Doc Brown, to name but a few.
The Intern Role
This is an unpaid intern / work experience role for up to 3 months. It is anticipated that (for the right candidate) this will become a full-time, paid assistant role. You’ll be working with our production team, playing an important role in delivering increasingly large amounts of high quality video output with technical, operational and artistic input.
This role is suitable for someone with training and/or experience in vision mixing and post-production to meet the following requirements.
- Setting up studio camera positions and working with producers to ensure talent are positioned correctly for optimum quality of output during live programmes.
- Working in studio gallery to competently vision mix multi-camera feed (we currently use Snappy TV, but training given), with an emphasis on high quality direction.
- Logging timecode and assisting producers in sourcing prime editorial cuts for highlights packages and social media clips.
- Post production, including editing audio and video footage, inserting captions and preparing for upload to social media channels; experience of software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier.
- Camera operation, with flexibility to film location footage such as interviews, street filming, social media shorts etc..
- A flexible approach and willingness to assist with other general production tasks such as booking and meeting / greeting studio guests, helping with scheduling and providing technical assistance.
The intern role is based at our offices in Islington, London (2 mins walk from Caledonian Road Tube). Some home-working is possible, so access to a laptop and internet outside of work would be an advantage.
To apply for this role please send a covering email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your covering email, please take a few lines to highlight why you think this role is an opportunity for you and how you believe you are suitable for the requirements listed. Please feel free to attach or provide links to any supporting projects / work that you think reflects your skills or experience. Thank you very much for your interest in FUBAR.