An exciting intern opportunity with the social media team at a fast-growing online media brand for the smartphone generation.
Originally launched in 2014 as an internet radio station, FUBAR is now much more than a radio service. We’re an online media brand that engages free-thinking young adults with comedy, music and entertainment content that’s not available anywhere else. FUBAR’s combined monthly average reach is 1.5 million from live radio streams, podcasts and social media video content.
FUBAR is a creative haven for successful and upcoming social media stars, comedians and music artists to freely create outrageous, edgy and relevant content. Regular personalities include Harley from Rizzle Kicks, social media stars Jaack Maate and Cian Twomey and comedian rapper Doc Brown, to name but a few.
The Intern Role
This is an unpaid intern / work experience role for up to 3 months. It is anticipated that (for the right candidate) this will become a full-time, paid assistant role. You’ll be working with our social media team, taking a supporting and active role in day to day activities, including editing and packaging video highlights, podcasts and copy for upload to our website and social media channels.
You’ll be with us to learn and hone your skills, so there will be plenty of help on hand; but for you to get the most out of this role, you’ll need to be a true self-starter. We envisage the intern role being suitable for someone who has a relevant college training or a university degree, but we will consider anyone who can convince us otherwise.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Creative and confident, with a flair for social media and the ability to work with content, including skill editing and manipulating video using digital editing software.
- Keen knowledge of all social medias including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope, Facebook Mentions and be across new enterprises in the social media field.
- A rapidly scalable knowledge of analysing social media data – you’ll be generating regular reports about our social media activity and be across the latest tech developments
- A passion for growing and nurturing social channels; the ability to understand the FUBAR personality and develop and effectively reflect this in our SM output.
- Scour the news for trending stories that chime with our audience; generate or re-purpose content – even going out and capturing content on video, so writing and editorial skills a bonus.
- Knowledge of scheduling would be helpful – we currently directly schedule from Facebook, Tweetdeck, Schedugram, and live posting on all others
The intern role is based at our offices in Islington, London (2 mins walk from Caledonian Road Tube). Some home-working is possible, so access to a laptop and internet outside of work would be an advantage.
To apply for this role please send a covering email and your CV to email@example.com
In your covering email, please take a few lines to highlight why you think this role is an opportunity for you and how you believe you are suitable for the requirements listed. Please feel free to attach or provide links to any supporting projects / work that you think reflects your skills or experience. Thank you very much for your interest in FUBAR.