FUBAR Radio is unlike any other in the UK. We’re not regulated by the industry watchdog, so we’re afforded a lot more freedom in what we can create. Imagine post watershed TV on the radio and you get the idea. We don’t carry commercial breaks either. We do play music but when we do, it’s unedited and heard in the same way that you download it. What’s not to like!
We make programming with some of the most talented, outspoken and refreshing entertainers in the country. We’re proud of our ability to create programming in comedy, current affairs, music and sport, that cannot be heard anywhere else on UK radio.
Our programming includes content from Nick Helm, Marcel Somerville, Bobby Norris, Mikill Pane and many more.
You’ll be with us to learn and hone your skills, so there will be plenty of help on hand. We envisage the volunteer role being suitable for someone who has a relevant college training or a university degree, but we will consider anyone who can convince us otherwise.
The below is preferred but not required as you will be trained in all areas of social media:
- Creative and confident, with a flair for social media and the ability to shape FUBAR’s social media output.
- Keen knowledge of all social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube and be across new enterprises in the social media field.
- Ability to work side-by-side with the social media manager, a passion for growing and nurturing social channels; the ability to understand the FUBAR personality and develop and effectively reflect this in our social media output.
- Assisting the social media team with generating social media content that promotes audience interaction and encourages audience participation.
- Scour the news for trending stories that chime with our audience; generate or re-purpose content.
- Bursting with content ideas suitable for FUBAR’s social media audience.
The role is based at our offices in Islington, London.
To apply please send a covering email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your covering email, please take a few lines to highlight why you think this role is an opportunity for you and how you believe you are suitable for the requirements listed.
Please attach or provide links to any supporting projects / work that you think reflects your skills or experience. Thank you very much for your interest in FUBAR.