Job title – Assistant Radio Producer (Radio and Social)
We are looking for experienced full-time Assistant Producers with a passion to create audio content that resonates with a young audience.
This is an opportunity to work at Britain’s biggest live podcast network and help write the next chapter in its development. Broadcasting live from our studios in London, FUBAR Radio specialises in making live and uncensored talk-based entertainment shows and podcasts for an 18- to 35-year-old audience.
We work with the biggest names as well as the best of emerging talent across a diverse range of programming. This includes celebrity news, politics, and current affairs, dating and relationships, comedy, football, LGBT+, music, travel, health and much more.
As part of an expanding programme schedule, we are looking for an experienced Assistant Producer to help research, devise and produce iconic entertainment shows that attract new listeners and keep them coming back for more.
You will understand and be fully conversant with the important role that social media plays in making a connection with new listeners and have an ear and an eye for those must-share moments. Using footage taken in the studio, part of your role will be editing, subtitling, writing, and scheduling social media posts that promote the shows that you have helped create.
This job will be suitable for experienced radio and audio assistant producers, but also those with experience in the TV entertainment space who are looking for new opportunities to develop their programme making skills.
- You will research, identify and book show guests, liaising with PRs, managers and agents through to greeting them at the studio.
- You will research stories and themes for weekly shows, as well as contribute with ideas that result in producing innovative and original programming. This will mainly be in the audio space, but we look for ideas with TV outcomes.
- You’ll be familiar with popular culture, the UK comedy scene, celebrity news and current affairs as well as some sport, especially football.
- You’ll have experience of hands-on recording in a live radio studio environment as well as on location.
- You will be required on occasion to attend and assist on location filming. Therefore, some experience of TV shoots will be an advantage.
- You’ll be experienced across all aspects of Adobe Creative Suite, Zetta, Microsoft Office/Google Docs.
- Occasional basic graphic work will be required. Therefore, working knowledge of Photoshop or PowerPoint will be an advantage.
- You’ll have excellent experience in sound editing. This is not confined to technical ability. We are looking for the skills where timing, flow and edit points come as second nature.
- You’ll be confident and fully at ease with identifying must-hear moments and then posting the footage for the same onto social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube)
Are you the right candidate?
You should be passionate and knowledgeable about radio, podcasting, and all other forms of entertainment.
You will be familiar with social influencers and YouTube stars as well as be able to identify emerging talent in the same space. You will be confident and professional in making approaches to this talent and through your ideas, bring them to a wider audience on FUBAR.
Think about the sorts of shows that you would like to make that would attract a large audio audience. Think about the social influencers that you think could translate to national live radio.
You’ll have excellent communication skills, both in listening to others and sharing your ideas in a team that is working hard to make fantastic programming.
Full Time, 40 hours per week
The role base is Islington, London.
Application deadline: 30 October 2022
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Reference ID: APOCT2022
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to acknowledge every application. If you have been selected for an interview you will hear from us from the wk/c 1st of November 2022.