An exciting intern opportunity with the production team at a fast-growing online media brand for the smartphone generation.
Originally launched in 2014 as an internet radio station, FUBAR is now much more than a radio service. We’re an online media brand that engages free-thinking young adults with comedy, music and entertainment content that’s not available anywhere else. FUBAR’s combined monthly average reach is 1.5 million from live radio streams, podcasts and social media video content.
FUBAR is a creative haven for successful and upcoming social media stars, comedians and music artists to freely create outrageous, edgy and relevant content. Regular personalities include Harley from Rizzle Kicks, social media stars Jaack Maate and Cian Twomey and comedian rapper Doc Brown, to name but a few.
The Intern Role
You’ll be working with our production team, playing an important role in delivering increasingly large amounts of high quality video and infographic output with technical, operational and artistic input.
This role is suitable for someone with training and/or experience in vision mixing and post-production to meet the following requirements:
- Leading and assisting with the production of highly shareable video content for social media distribution.
- Monitoring breaking and trending news in order to generate or re-purpose short clips to be pushed out across FUBAR Radio’s social media channels – even going out and capturing content on video to support the social media manager.
- Contribution in daily editorial meetings, producing ways to cover the day’s news.
- Production of 3-5 original or re-purposed social media videos – to include sports, politics, trending topics, music and entertainment – per day to be distributed across FUBAR’s growing social media channels.
- Setting up studio camera positions and working with producers to ensure talent are positioned correctly for optimum quality of output during live programmes.
- Working in studio gallery to competently vision mix multi-camera feed (we currently use Snappy TV, but training given), with an emphasis on high quality direction.
- Logging timecode and assisting producers and social media manager in sourcing prime editorial cuts for highlights packages and social media clips.
- Post production, including editing audio and video footage, inserting captions, subtitling and preparing for upload to social media channels; experience of software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier is a MUST.
- Camera operation, with flexibility to film location footage such as interviews, street filming, social media shorts etc.
- A competency in InDesign and Adobe Photoshop is important. The right candidate will be expected to produce engaging infographics across sport, entertainment, showbiz and music.
- Preparation and re-sizing of images to be used on social media channels.
- A flexible approach and willingness to assist with other general production tasks such as booking and meeting / greeting studio guests, helping with scheduling and providing technical assistance.
- An interest and passion for sport is highly preferable but not essential. This is one of several industries the right candidate will be working across.
The intern role is based at our offices in Islington, London (2 mins walk from Caledonian Road Tube).
To apply for this role please send a covering email and your CV to email@example.com
In your covering email, please take a few lines to highlight why you think this role is an opportunity for you and how you believe you are suitable for the requirements listed.
Please attach or provide links to any supporting projects / work that you think reflects your skills or experience. Thank you very much for your interest in FUBAR.