A career defining opportunity to lead the social media strategy of Britain’s fastest growing online live talk-radio and video entertainment platform for 18 to 34’s. This will be a developing role with direct report to the CEO.
- You have a passion for social media, emerging trends and platforms.
- You are able to build and manage an enthusiastic and engaged social team.
- You will have experience in a social media agency or a social media department in a similar content-driven media brand.
- You will have experience of growing social following.
- You are a strategic and creative thinker.
- You are able to manage multiple projects, stay organised and meet tight deadlines.
- You are creative and confident, with a flair for social media video content.
- You will be highly experienced in taking responsibility for ownership of social media
- You will have an integrated understanding of owned, earned and paid social activity.
- You have strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- You will have an impeccable grasp of the English language, with accurate spelling, excellent writing skills and be fully focused on attention to detail.
- You have the drive and enthusiasm to develop within the company.
- You have the ability to ideate social video content that adds to trending conversations or leads from the front with original ideas.
- You will be proficient in the use of Photoshop/InDesign/PowerPoint and Apple software, to produce eye-catching professional imagery as part of your social content.
This is a full-time role based in our London offices but you’ll be expected to get out there and make full use of location video shoot opportunities. Opportunities that you will create!
A huge part of your role involves the ideation of highly shareable original video content. Therefore, a full understanding of the end to end video production process is desirable and candidates with hands on experience in this area will have a distinct advantage. Each day, before you even get to work, you will have scoured the news for trending stories that chime with our audience. Then, as part of a daily briefing, generate or re-purpose video content that delivers the brief. This will involve organising the production of video shoots within our live radio studio and on location, with writing and editorial skills a real bonus.
You’ll be expected to take the lead in daily meetings in conjunction with the radio production team in order to produce regular social initiatives, including polls, competitions and original video production ideas.
ABOUT FUBAR RADIO
FUBAR Radio is an online media brand that engages millions of free thinking young adults. We create live, talk-based radio and short form social video content across a range of subjects. This includes comedy, sport, current affairs, sex education, LGBT issues, music, celebrity news and much more. Unlike other national talk-radio stations, we’re NOT regulated by the broadcast watchdog. So we can afford to be outrageous, mischievous and often post watershed. In fact, it’s the type of content that can’t be found anywhere else on national live UK radio.
As well as the FUBAR Radio social channels, we also feature the FUBAR FC social channels, which deliver daily football based video content.
We’ve worked with some of the biggest names and the best of emerging talent, but in 2019 we’re expanding our schedule and taking our content to the next level. This is where you come in…
As part of our rapid anticipated expansion, we’re looking for a dynamic and creative self-starter to head up our social media department.
You must be located within easy commutable distance of north London. (The role is based at our offices in Islington, London 2 mins walk from Caledonian Road Tube).
To apply for this role please send a covering email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE SUBJECT IS MARKED “Social Media Manager”.
Job Type: Full-time/Contract
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year
- Social Media: 2 years (Preferred)