An exciting intern opportunity with the social media team at a fast-growing online media brand for the smartphone generation.
Originally launched in 2014 as an internet radio station, FUBAR is now much more than a radio service. We’re an online media brand that engages free-thinking young adults with comedy, music and entertainment content that’s not available anywhere else. FUBAR’s combined monthly average reach is 1.5 million from live radio streams, podcasts and social media video content.
FUBAR is a creative haven for successful and upcoming social media stars, comedians and music artists to freely create outrageous, edgy and relevant content. Regular personalities include Harley from Rizzle Kicks, social media stars Jaack Maate and Cian Twomey and comedian rapper Doc Brown, to name but a few.
The Intern Role
This is an EXPENSES ONLY intern / work experience role for up to 6 weeks. It is anticipated that (for the right candidate) this will become a full-time, paid assistant role. You’ll be working with our social media team, taking a supporting and active role in day to day activities, including editing and packaging video highlights, podcasts and copy for upload to our website and social media content creation.
You’ll be with us to learn and hone your skills, so there will be plenty of help on hand; but for you to get the most out of this role, you’ll need to be a true self-starter. We envisage the intern role being suitable for someone who has a relevant college training or a university degree, but we will consider anyone who can convince us otherwise.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Creative and confident, with a flair for social media and the ability to shape FUBAR’s social media output.
- Creation of dynamic written, graphic, and video content.
- Keen knowledge of all social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube and be across new enterprises in the social media field.
- A rapidly scalable knowledge of analysing social media data – you’ll be generating regular reports about our social media activity and be across the latest tech developments
- Ability to work side-by-side with the social media manager, a passion for growing and nurturing social channels; the ability to understand the FUBAR personality and develop and effectively reflect this in our social media output.
- Creation of social media content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation.
- Scour the news for trending stories that chime with our audience; generate or re-purpose content – even going out and capturing content on video to support the social media manager.
- Generation of 3-5 original written news, sports and feature articles per day to be distributed across FUBAR’s growing social media channels.
- Bursting with content ideas suitable for FUBAR’s social media audience. Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Contribute in daily editorial meetings, producing ways to cover the day’s news in the FUBAR way.
- Knowledge of scheduling would be helpful – we currently directly schedule from Facebook, Tweetdeck, Schedugram, Buffer and live posting on all others
- An interest and passion for sport is highly preferable but not essential. This is one of several industries the right candidate will be working across.
The intern role is based at our offices in Islington, London (2 mins walk from Caledonian Road Tube).
To apply for this role please send a covering email and your CV to email@example.com
In your covering email, please take a few lines to highlight why you think this role is an opportunity for you and how you believe you are suitable for the requirements listed.
Please attach or provide links to any supporting projects / work that you think reflects your skills or experience. Thank you very much for your interest in FUBAR.