FUBAR Radio is unlike any other in the UK. We’re not regulated by the industry watchdog, so we’re afforded a lot more freedom in what we can create. Imagine post watershed TV on the radio and you get the idea. We don’t carry commercial breaks either. We do play music but when we do, it’s unedited and heard in the same way that you download it. What’s not to like!
We make programming with some of the most talented, outspoken and refreshing entertainers in the country. We’re proud of our ability to create programming in comedy, current affairs, music and sport, that cannot be heard anywhere else on UK radio.
Our programming includes content from Seann Walsh, Hannah Witton, Harley Sylvester (Rizzle Kicks), Noel Clarke, Mikill Pane, Dan Clark and many more. Currently reaching over 2 million, our platform is growing rapidly.
This is a 3-month work experience placement. You’ll be working with our production and social media team, taking an active role in day to day activities.
You’ll be provided training in radio and video production, but in obtaining the most out of this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Creative and confident, with an understanding of the role that social media plays in promoting programming.
- Capable of identifying the editorial highlights of our programming and then editing the same into short punchy packages for promotional purposes.
- You will have some experience of audio and hopefully video editing (this would be a distinct advantage, as would the ability to shoot video)
- Confident phone manner and solutions orientated.
- Presentable and professional manner with a ‘can-do’ attitude to help book guests for our programming
- Genuine interest in current affairs and trending issues that can be incorporated into programming
- Possess the ability to formulate editorial suggestions, presented to producers in a professional and concise manner.
The role is based at our offices in Islington, London (2 mins walk from Caledonian Road Tube).
To apply for this role please send a covering email and your CV to email@example.com PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE SUBJECT IS MARKED “INTERN”
In your covering email, please use a few lines to highlight why you think this role is an opportunity for you and how you believe your experience to date is suitable for the requirements listed. Please feel free to attach or provide links to any supporting projects / work that you think reflects your skills or experience.